Annapurna Panorama Trek itinerary is specially designed for the trekkers who prefers short and beautiful trek, especially with their family and kids in the rural mountainside with up-close Himalayan views. This trek is also known as Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek, is a relatively easy walk meandering through villages and rhododendron forests.
Annapurna Panorama Trek provides some of the best views of the Himalayas especially from the Poon Hill which is regard as the best viewpoint in the Annapurna Region by many trekkers and it is one of the most beautiful viewpoints that exist on this earth. The maximum altitude of this trek is at 3210m, anyone with a normal level of fitness would easily undertake this trek comfortably. The panoramic views of Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna I (8091m), Machhapuchhre (6993m), Manaslu (8157m) and other numerous mountains along the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge from Poon Hill is one of the trip highlights of Annapurna Panorama Trek.
Annapurna Panorama Trek starts the real walking begins from Kande. We climb up to Australian Camp that takes us through a landscape of terraced fields and forests and affords some stunning views out across the Central Himalayas. From there we will have trek involves a relatively easy hike along the ridge-line to the Gurung village of Landruk. Reaching the final destination of Poon Hill (3210m) is a reward in itself, perhaps one of the most beautiful viewpoints on earth. The added presence of rice terraces completes the picture making it a photographer’s paradise. Then trek to the beautiful Gurung village of Ghandruk and enjoy the ethnic hospitality along with the cultural magnificence of Gurung Museum. Trekking through the Rhododendron forest that bloom with red flowers during the springtime, descend down to Birethanti, passing by waterfalls and few small villages & settlements. Walk to Naya Pul and then drive to Pokhara which announces the end of this marvelous trek.
- Guided tours of UNESCO World Heritage Site in Kathmandu.
- Ideal vantage point to view a sunrise within the majestic Himalayan range from Poon Hill(Ghorepani)
- Enjoy meeting some of Nepal’s remarkable ethnic clans in hillside villages and along the trail
- Explore the beauty of Pokhara enhances by its lovely lakes, which have their source in the glacial region of the Annapurna range of the Himalayas
- Taste of Nepali cuisine with a local cultural show at Kathmandu
- Trip Duration: 11 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Trekking destination: Poon Hill (3210m)
- Trip Grade: Easy
- Activities: Easy Trekking including cultural sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- Best Seasons: Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring (March to May)
- Meals Included: 10 Breakfasts, 08 Lunches & 06 Dinners
- Trip Starts/Ends: Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
- Transportation: Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
- Price: ON REQUEST
Outline Itinerary of Annapurna Panorama Trek
|Day||Program||Places||Attitude||Walking / driving duration|
|01||Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel||Kathmandu||1356 m|
|02||In Kathmandu- Half day tour of Kathmandu City||Kathmandu||1356 m|
|03||Kathmandu/ Pokhara by drive||Pokhara||827 m||7 hrs driving|
|04||Pokhara/Kande (1710m) drive & trek to Landruk||Landruk||1640 m||5 ½ hrs walking|
|05||Trek from Landruk to Ghandruk||Ghandruk||1940 m||3 ½ hrs walking|
|06||Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani||Tadapani||2630 m||4 ½ hrs walking|
|07||Trek from Tadapani to Ghorepani||Ghorepani||2860 m||6 ½ hrs walking|
|08||Ghorepani -Poon Hill(3210m) hike & trek to Tirkhedunga||Tirkhedunga||1540 m||5 ½ hrs walking|
|09||Tirkhedunga to Nayapul (1100m) and drive to Pokhara||Pokhara||827 m||4 ½ hrs walking
1 hr driving
|10||Pokhara to Kathmandu by drive||Kathmandu||1356 m||7 hrs driving|